Currently, the use of the screen-printing method is widespread, which is associated with the specific capabilities of silk screen printing.
The uniqueness of the screen technology is the possibility of using a wide range of printing inks on various binders, which allow you to work on any materials, apply the image to any surface: paper, plastic, glass, fabric, metal, etc. In addition to paints, screen printing is convenient to use for applying various varnishes and adhesive layers for the manufacture of self-adhesive papers and films.
Depending on the material being sealed, there are several main types of screen printing.
Small-format screen printing
This is printing on any flat surfaces. Especially this printing is used on PVC materials, paper, cardboard, the printing format of which does not exceed 39×55 inches. It is characterized by custom silk screen stencils for a variety of applications:
- representative products: business cards, letterheads, postcards, envelopes, folders;
- advertising products for places of sale: wobblers, mobiles, flags, etc.;
- labels based on self-adhesive paper and film;
- drawing images on boxes, bags and other packaging;
- stickers based on self-adhesive film for various applications;
- applying the image to the plastic with subsequent molding.
Large-format silkscreen printing
Similar to previous type of screen printing, but with flat printing of large formats. These are mainly products for outdoor advertising and information:
- posters, posters, banners;
- road signs and signs;
- light boxes and signs, stained glass windows;
- industrial products and parts of finished products;
- mirrors, as part of finished products in the manufacture of furniture;
- corrugated packaging, bags and large-format bags.
Screen printing on finished textile products
It is also popular to use silk screen stencils on finished textile products to create a unique design: printing on T-shirts, jackets, sweaters, bags, baseball caps, etc., both by direct printing and using thermal transfer technologies.
Photo by Đồng Phục Hải Triều on Unsplash